Saturday, April 27, 2013

New Interview...With Me!

Hey, everybody. Fellow horror writer Mark Carver (who recently stopped by this very blog for an interview of his own) has graciously invited me to his blog to chat about my inspirations, my fascination with the horror genre, and the perils of trying to sell a story about flesh-eating monsters to the traditional Christian market.

Here's a sample, and be sure to head over there to read the rest!

"Horror, however, is all about tearing away safety and this sort of illusion that we are in control of everything. It reveals the unspeakable monsters that lurk just outside of our peripheral and, in my mind, causes us to run screaming to God for protection. Horror, to me, forces me to consider something larger than myself and seek answers in God."

2 comments:

Mary Ruth Pursselley said...

Hey, Greg, this is Mary from Avenir Eclectia. Hope things are going well in your world. I just had a quick question: my younger brother has recently developed an interest in screen writing and asked me to either teach him or get him some resources for learning how, but I am totally ignorant in that field. I know you were one of the writers of Amazing Love, so I was wondering if perhaps you could direct me to some resources or guidance to help Caleb get started. If you want, you can email me at editor.thewriterslair@gmail.com
Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
~Mary

Greg Mitchell said...

E-mail sent, Mary!