Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Major Announcement--"Dark Hour" Cover and First Details!

This year, October has been an unusually busy month for me, between my first movie being released to DVD and a plethora of short stories I've written over the last couple years finally seeing print. But today--on Halloween--we have saved the best for last.

Here is the cover for the third and final installment in The Coming Evil Trilogy--Dark Hour!


Not only do we have the cover for you today, but I come with a major announcement: The Coming Evil is moving to a new home for its last act. None other than my pal Grace Bridges at Splashdown Darkwater will be publishing Dark Hour in 2013. Grace and I had so much fun working together when Splashdown published Rift Jump, and I'm looking forward to teaming up with her, once again, on this most important book. Dark Hour is my favorite book of The Coming Evil Trilogy. Absolutely everything I have written--really in my entire career--has been building up to this book. If you thought you knew The Coming Evil, you haven't seen anything yet. I have poured my heart and soul into every page of Dark Hour and for about 15 years now, I've been dying to finally reveal it to you all. The first two books in the Trilogy were only a prelude--this book is for all the marbles. To me, The Coming Evil was never three individual books, but one long epic told in three parts. Now, the story will be told in full.

While the first two books were released in February over the past couple years, I can't guarantee another February release for Dark Hour. With the move to Splashdown, I expect a small delay. But don't worry, it's coming and it's going to be epic.

So two big bombshells this morning--but I have one final announcement to make on this, All Hallow's Eve. In the weeks leading up to Dark Hour's release, I'll be releasing a brand new Coming Evil novella--for e-readers only--that will serve as an "inbetweenquel" bridging the gap between Enemies of the Cross and Dark Hour! That's all I'm willing to say on that front, right now, but needless to say, we're wrapping up this Trilogy with a bang.

Now is the perfect time to get caught up on the other two books in the Trilogy! Together, the three form one complete story. The Strange Man and Enemies of the Cross are both available in stores, as well as on Amazon and Barnes & Noble--in both print, Kindle, and Nook versions. Don't delay! The End is Near!

Enough talk. Ready for the details on Dark Hour? Read on and, in case you missed it, check out this interview I did yesterday over at New Author's Fellowship where I talk about my love for and approach to horror and, most specifically, "Christian Horror"! Happy Halloween everyone!

__________


THE END IS HERE

Greensboro has fallen.

Swayed by the demonic Strange Man, the townspeople of Greensboro have sacrificed their freedom for prosperity. Monsters lurk in every shadow and the few who oppose the new regime have been chased out of town, forced to wage their war in hiding. For ex-reverend Jeff Weldon and those under his care, it is a losing battle, but the tide begins to turn with the return of his brother, Dras. Dras arrives at his hometown to find it has descended into darkness—but the worst is yet to come. The Strange Man’s final plan is falling into place and the Dark Hour is close at hand. Dras, Jeff, and the last of Greensboro’s protectors work frantically to unlock the Strange Man’s secrets and uncover the key to stopping the Dark Hour before all is lost. But when Dras discovers the fate of his best friend—Rosalyn Myers—he will realize that he has more to lose in this battle than he ever imagined.

Dark Hour is the explosive final act in Greg Mitchell’s The Coming Evil Trilogy. All bets are off as the remnant of light clash with the armies of darkness. The final fates of Jeff, Isabella, Dras, and Rosalyn, along with all of Greensboro, will be decided in a desperate last stand.

4 comments:

Caprice Hokstad said...

Congratulations, Greg! Darkwater must be ecstatic to have your climactic conclusion.

Greg Mitchell said...

Thanks, Caprice. I hope so!

Tim Ward said...

That's awesome, Greg! I'm sure you'll have much more input on the project with Darkwater. I'm excited for that and the tie in story once I'm done with book two! Keep up the great work!

Jillian Kent said...

Love the cover, Greg. You've got lots going on and that's wonderful! Congratulations on the DVD deal.
Jill