Wednesday, June 25, 2014

"Hitmen" Unofficial Soundtrack

My new novel HITMEN: Four Tales of Magick, Monsters, and Murder is now available in print, Kindle, and other ebook formats! And, as is my way, I'm posting here for you my completely unofficial soundtrack. The soundtrack works a little differently this time. Usually my soundtracks are songs that I listened to while writing, but in the case of Hitmen, these are actually the songs that appeared on the soundtracks for the original home movies. In the original movies, there was a ton of music--I could make a single soundtrack for every entry. So this is more of a compilation--a Greatest Hits, as it were--of the series. Listening through this track listing brings back a lot of good (and chaotic) memories of filming the original movies. I know it won't have the same nostalgia for you, but I think this is a good cross-section of the emotional mood of the piece.

Also, unlike my other soundtracks, this doesn't have page and scene listing. Rather, I've broken it up into the different sections of the book--again, to establish a general mood of each of the four installments. I hope you enjoy!




I. The Saint
   1. "Don't Fear the Reaper" - The Mutton Birds (cover)
   2. "Here Comes the Bogeyman" - Henry Hall and the BBC Dance Orchestra
II. The Seeker
   3. "Christmas Time Pretty Baby" - Brian Setzer Orchestra
   4. "Pistol Packin' Mama" - Al Dexter
   5. "Innocent Moon" - Akira Yamaoka (from Silent Hill 3)
   6. "Unexplained" - Meat Puppets
III. The Serpent
   7. "Still Need Your Love" - Reno
   8. "Nadine" - Frank Black and the Catholics
   9. "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want" - Elefant
 10. "Blood" - The Pierces
 11. "Betrayal" - Danny Elfman (from Mission Impossible)
 12. "Tainted Love" - Soft Cell
IV. The Sleuth
 13. "Padmé's Ruminations" - John Williams (from Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
 14. "The Shape Stalks" - John Carpenter (from Halloween)
 15. "Kroenen's Lied" - Marco Beltrami (from Hellboy)
 16. "Hallelujah" - Rufus Wainwright
 17. "Live Again" - Better Than Ezra

No comments: