Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Catching Up

For those keeping score at home, I've got a couple things floating around the internet.

First up is a piece I wrote tracing back the inspirations behind my take on "Christian Horror" to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You can read that over at edgy suspense writer Estevan Vega's site.

Also, fellow Realms author (whom I intereviewed right here) Bruce Hennigan posted an excellent and well thought-out review of Enemies of the Cross. It's a real thrill to see that someone "gets" it.

It's tremendously fulfilling to see that the Trilogy is making progress, but the journey--and the work--is not yet complete. We still have one more book to go! I'm grateful for the support of those who have taken this strange ride with me and I hope we can bring more along.

Starting April 2, I'll be posting my behind-the-scenes "end notes" on Enemies. Don't miss it! But, be ye warned: It is full of spoilers. Want to start reading the book today? Here are some handy links to the Kindle and Nook versions. Enjoy.

2 comments:

The Gill-Man said...

I couldn't agree more with Mr. Hennigan's review. I've been meaning to comment on EotC for weeks now, but little things like "work" and "responsibilities" kept derailing me!

I really felt you upped the ante with this one. As much as I loved TSM, this was SO much darker. It was a truly creepy read. You kept me guessing, particularly with regard to who "Wrong Number" was! It never got predictable...and it was certainly never boring!! In many ways, this one is the "Empire Strikes Back" of your trilogy, with things looking quite grim for our heroes. The back-history and the conspiracty presented really fleshed out your mythology, and made the menace seem all the more real. I absolutely CANNOT wait for the final installment.

Greg Mitchell said...

Hey, thanks for leaving that, brother. I'm glad to hear you liked it so much.

I agree, EotC is a much more "grown up" book than its predecessor.

As for the final installment, I cannot wait to SHOW it to you! I've finished it and it's going to be a white-knuckle ride all the way through.